MIDDLETOWN, N.Y. – A Middletown man broke into a Wantage Township, N.J. home and sexually assaulted two children last month, according to New Jersey State Police.
Craig Lassiter, 33, broke into the home on Sept. 18 just after 2 a.m. and entered the bedroom of two minors. He then threatened the victims by telling them he had a gun and sexually assaulted them, New Jersey State Police said.
Troopers attempted to stop Lassiter as he fled the scene in a stolen pickup truck.
Working with the New Jersey State Police Fugitive Unit, New York State Police, Nassau and Suffolk County Police Departments, and the Middletown City Police Department, Lassiter was located and arrested on Friday, Sept. 22, in Bayshore, Long Island. He was extradited to New Jersey on Sept. 29 on charges of eluding and receiving stolen property, Troopers said.
On Oct. 4, Lassiter was also charged with:
- Two counts of first-degree aggravated sexual assault of a minor less than 13 years old
- Two counts of first-degree aggravated sexual assault during the commission of a robbery and burglary
- First-degree Robbery while threatening to use a deadly weapon
- Two counts of second-degree sexual assault of a minor less than 13 years old
- Two counts of second-degree sexual penetration while using physical force
- Second-degree burglary
- Two counts of third-degree endangering the welfare of a child
- Two counts of third-degree criminal restraint
- Two counts of third-degree terroristic threats
- Third-degree Theft
- Two counts of fourth-degree sexual contact
- Fourth-degree criminal trespass
Lassiter remains in Sussex County Jail awaiting his bail hearing, troopers said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.